Ferry sailings from the Isle of Skye and Mallaig
Please check ferry timetables and book in advance . Crossings can get fully booked, especially in the summer months.
- Uig on the Isle of Skye to Lochmaddy, North Uist 1hr 45mins. We are approx 40 mins drive. Winter timetable. Summer timetable.
- Mallaig / Oban to Lochboisdale, South Uist 3hrs 30mins / 5hrs 10mins. We are approx 0.5 hr drive. Winter timetable. Summer timetable. Please note Oban sailings operate in the winter months only.
- Leverburgh on the Isle of Harris to Berneray 1hr. We are approx 1 hour drive.
- Barra to Eriskay 40mins. We are approx 45mins drive via South Uist. Winter timetable. Summer timetable.
To keep up to date with the latest sailing information on each CalMac route you can also download the app.
Flights to Benbecula, Barra and Stornoway are by Loganair.
- Glasgow to Benbecula 55mins. We are approx 15mins drive
- Inverness to Benbecula 1hr 35mins. We are approx 15mins drive.
- Glasgow to Barra 1hr 15mins. Take a flight to Barra where the plane lands you right on the beach – the worlds only scheduled beach landing You can then take the short ferry from Barra to Eriskay and drive a hire car through South Uist. Journey time departing Barra to Uist approx 2hrs including ferry crossing.
For live arrival / departure information please see Benbecula Airport .
Copyright South Uist Uist Self Catering 2019 – All rights reserved